Kuwait’s non-oil exports shrink 23% in July

Mubasher: Non-oil exports from Kuwait decreased by 23% in July 2018 when compared to the same month last year.

Exports shrank to KWD 8.85 million ($29.25 million) in July from KWD 11.46 million ($37.88 million) in the same month a year ago, according to the recent data by the commerce and industry ministry of Kuwait.

On a monthly basis, Kuwait’s exports increased by 7.4% last month, versus KWD 8.24 million ($27.23 million) in June.

The Arab countries acquired 59.2% of Kuwait’s exports at a total of KWD 5.25 million, while the remaining nations accounted for 40.8% of total exports at a value of KWD 3.61 million.

Iraq topped the list of countries to which Kuwait exported in July with 28% of total exports to the Arab states.

Mubasher Contribution Time: 27-Aug-2018 13:07 (GMT)
Mubasher Last Update Time: 27-Aug-2018 14:36 (GMT)